Monday, July 21, 2008

A place called home

So time has come to be that you will begin buying your first home. Well, that happened to me !! It wasn't an easy one since I practically saw at least 50 different places (apartments, houses, semi-dee, bungalows ..... some of them just for fun since I cannot afford it anyway) before settling on one. I tried looking over the net on what should be the main criterias for a place you should call home. Most of them were not much of a use since they were all adverts from the developers so I came up with my own in terms of priority:-
  • Location, location, location... (hey isn't it all about it, would you prefer to stay and work somewhere near your place than drive like miles)
  • Price (obviously.. duhh!!)
  • Developer (shall blog on this later)
  • Facilities and amanities
  • Matured or new township
  • Landed or non-landed
  • New or old property


Anyway, having said that I would have traveled and looked through all the houses available in Klang area before settling on Setia Alam. Obvious reasons to choose this location was

  • Location .. definately would be lying to you if I said that but its a compromise since the houses in PJ would cost nearly double as much, plus I like (or don't like) the connectivity to NKVE
  • Price is okay since its about RM180 per square feet for a gated and guarded property
  • SP Setia being a reputable developer so I am much more comfortable with it.
  • I wanted a gated and guarded place and this was the best I can afford

Here are pictures of the house which I am going to buy. Its a cluster house (thats what I would call it rather than the fanciful name - linked semi-dee)


As you can see from the picture, its atcually 4 houses which are built and joint together at the back end, so you won't get the back lane as most other houses do

Which may be an advantage since you have less 1 door to worry about theft and robberies with the high crime rate here in Malaysia !!!

This view gives you a feeling of the house

They have this great showhouse over in Setia Alam full with glass panels (like those in some car showrooms). Overall, service was okay, not the best but by far not the worst as well (best was in Ara Damansara and worst was in Denai Alam). They were kinda patient with your questions, queries and all sorts but it has yet to be seen once the house is handed over

So next obvious thing I had to do was of course , show them the MONEY... which I will blog about later in the next part but if you have done that, pay a deposit (usually 1 to 5K depending on what they want) you can be considered to have booked the unit.

So off you go and you have 14 days to get all your resources and money for the deposit. My personal advice is always go collect the bank deals and offers in each and every housing development you have gone to. It does not matter if you have it already since they can vary between each person and each project.







1 comment:

MeOwChiE18 said...

if you have google adsense..

hey.. blogger.. would you like to exchange deal with me? we can be partners..let's exchange clicks..u know what i mean? add me in yahoo mssnger if interested..

so we could make money with our blogsite

kathy17cute my yahoo id..